Monday, November 17, 2008

Congratulations Scott and Kelly!!!


For all of my readers out there I would like to introduce to you a very special couple! Above is a picture of Kelly and Scott. They are a couple that struggled for a long time trying to get pregnant! I came across Kelly's Korner back before Mother's Day where she wrote an amazing post that opened my eyes to how many women feel on Mother's Day. I have been hooked to her blog ever since. She later announced that God had given them their little miracle and she was pregnant!!! Praise the Lord!!! Its amazing how you can cry and celebrate with someone even though you know them only through their blog! I also have to share with you a little more about Kelly's heart! She has received her blessing but she knows the power of prayer! She has started a prayer blog for women longing for children and Godly husbands. I ask all of you to go here, and pray for these women. As we see in Kelly and Scott GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS!!

Well they are now a short time away from their precious little Harper joining their lives and I want to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! Her friends are hosting a bloggy shower for us to post our congrats and maybe some advice so...

I have a few tidbits of advice for Kelly and Scott...

1) Pray together Daily - I mean as a family. If you raise your children seeing you pray together and then when they are old enough including them in prayer time, they will grow knowing the importance of going to the Lord in prayer!!!

2) Stick with your quiet time - YOU CAN'T DO IT WITHOUT GOD!!!! Trust me I speak from experience that you get your strength from Christ and She will grow up seeing how important and mighty God is!!

3) Date - You have to make a special point of having MOMMY and DADDY time!!! (I can tell you its hard but it is soooo important!) Carve out some time where you two talk about something other than the baby. Remember a date can be putting the baby to bed and you two just sitting down for a hot meal together and laughing a remembering that how much y'all love each other!!!

4) KELLY - Take time for YOU!!! - Get up and take a shower, put on your make up and do your hair! Trust me I know that you will want to just rest but you will feel so much better, if you feel pretty!

5) Don't be afraid to accept help or even ask for it!- If someone offers then take them up on it! You don't have to be SUPER MOM! You aren't doing Miss Harper any favors doing it all yourself if you run yourself to the ground!!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Thanks for all the wonderful advise!!! It is all really good - especially the praying together and the date nights!
Thank you for your sweet, sweet post! It means more to me than you could ever know!

Heather said...

Hi! I love your post and I love your blog! Your title is hilarious! (but true!) You gave Kelly the BEST advice! Thanks so much for coming to the shower!!!

Jenna said...

I am so glad you participated in Kelly's blog shower! I love all the advice you gave her - I know she appreciates all the wise words from all you sweet mommys out there!

Thanks so much again, and p.s. I LOVE your blog design and especially your header. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving me a comment, and I felt led to return the favor! Besides, you gave some wonderful advice to Kelly. How true...How true. And, you make like my page, but yours is absolutely adorable. I am still working on mine. I have trouble with the HTML's and the what-nots. So it is pretty basic. Anywho. I will be visiting your blog often!!

Jacquie said...

Stopping by for Kelly's shower. This is a great post with some great advice. I felt exactly the same as you about Kelly's Mother's Day post. It really opened my eyes and helps me to be more sensitive to things I may take for granted.

You have a gorgeous family!

Julie said...

Thank you for you kind words on my blog. I'm looking forward to getting to know you!!