Thursday, April 14, 2005

Bible Study

I went to one of the coolest bible studies today. It is CBS, Community Bible Study. This group meets all over the world. The group started in the 1975 as an answer to the heartfelt prayers of a group of women who asked the Lord to provide many effective Bible studies for people in the Washington, DC area. It has since grown abundantly. In 1992, there were 3 meetings in Florida and in 2000 there were 24. In 1992, there was about 100 throughout the United States and in 2000 there were about 500. In 1992, there were 3 nationally, and in 2000 there were over 1000. Isn't God amazing. Wow to have it grow so rapidly. God is just awesome.
Well about why I thought it was so great. My moms best friend Julie invited me to go with her because it was an answer to prayers for her. It is a place to truely open the bible and study the bible. We are currently studying the book of Colossians. One thing that strikes me as great is that the childrens program is not just babysitting they have there lessons too. They are learning as well.
I am at a place in my christian walk that I am yearning for more knowledge. I want to learn the bible and know what the Lord says in His book of truth. I have found that in this place and what a blessing it is. I would recommend this CBS to anyone. It is nondenominational, it is strickly based on the truths of the bible.

1 comment:

OMH said...

Sounds wonderful - I wish I could attend!