Thursday, March 08, 2012

Life changes....

Okay so its been almost a year since I have been on my blog. I was looking for some baby pictures of Andrew for a project I made for my mom and realized I really do miss blogging!

A lot has changed in our lives and God is doing some amazing things. I don't know if anyone still reads this but hey I will love rereading it further down the road....

We are no longer in the Dallas area. This last summer RC and I surrendered to the ministry. We went on a mission trip to Cheyenne Wyoming with a church in Amarillo, TX. RC is now the Worship Pastor at Mescalero Baptist Church (the church we went with). I can honestly say that satan has tried to bring us down but our Mighty God is victorious! RC moved two months before the kids and I joined him which proved to me that I am not meant to be a single mom! The kids and I relocated in October. I am so excited to see my husband serving God with all of his heart! One of the battles we have faced is at the beginning of February we found out that RC no longer had his secular job and is still searching for one. Its hard not to question how when we've surrendered to the ministry how it can be so hard. I have learned that I have been trying so hard to stand in the midst of this storm and God has finally shown me that I need to be on my knees. God has and will continue to provide! I know this and believe this and will tell you GOD STILL RINGS DOORBELLS!!!! Our church blessed us with providing groceries but even more than that they put notes with the groceries that were a big source of encouragement! RC and I are doing our best to stand firm on the rock and know and trust God!

As for the kids... They have adjusted very well to life here! Their teachers are really impressed with them. Trace loves that he has a teacher who is very strong in her faith. He loves to come home and tell me about their conversations. He also comes home so excited to pray for his teacher! I praise God for giving him the perfect teacher to meet his needs at this time! I am really happy with the other kids teachers as well. Andrews teacher is very sweet and also a believer. She loves my sweet boy and is doing all she can for him! God is so good! Kailey is just as cute as can be! She has her Daddy wrapped around her little finger! He can be such a tough guy but he is just a big softie when it comes to his little princess! Don't get me wrong! She doesn't get away with things, she is learning that Daddy and I aren't push overs. Trust me lately she is testing this!

God is our strength and our Refuge! He is where we find our rest!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Brit, I love reading your blogs. Since you live too far away this is a great way to catch a glimpse of what is going on with you. I will definitely amp up my prayers for everything that is going on with you! Doorbells are amazing. Our neighbor gets together with his family on Sundays and after everything is over sends us the leftovers. We really treasure our neighbor and his food. Please keep me updated and send me an address if you get a chance. Love, Elizabeth Fernandez

The Skogens said...

Oh little sister I did copy cat you but how nice it is to see our blogs being used again ;)