Thursday, August 21, 2008

13 States in 9 Days.... (part 1)

Here we go......

Wednesday morning RC, the kids and I get in the car and head to Amarillo. We finally got out of town around 11ish. Just for those who care it is a six hour drive to Amarillo. We went in RC's truck. So now you can picture it, RC driving with me in the passenger seat, AC is in between RC and I. The other three are sitting in the back seat. We can do it but given the choice won't be doing it again too often. Anyhow we got to Amarillo around 6ish. We took the boys bikes so that they could ride them with my cousin Alisha's boys. They immediately went out to ride. By the end of the night they were so tuckered out that we found them in the middle bedroom with Andrew and Trace crashed and AC glued to the tv.

Kinda cute aren't they!

Thursday morning we (Nanny, PawPaw, RC, the kids and I) hit the road. We drove over through New Mexico. We stopped at the Capulin Volcano and had a picnic lunch. The boys found it really cool to be on a volcano.

They had a small walk that we could go down into the volcano a little ways. Nanny and PawPaw stayed up on top and got lunch ready. A really nice gentleman took this picture for us.

We continued on up through Colorado and then went into Wyoming. We had planned on staying in Cheyenne but didn't realize that their Frontier Days was going on. We couldn't find a hotel room for a reasonable price anywhere. We ended up driving with me on the phone calling hotels to find a place to stay. We ended up in Scottsbluff, Nebraska. Which was cool because I had never been to Nebraska. I have to tell you we got to see some magnificent sites along the way.

Here are just a few...


The following picture was taken at the hotel Wednesday night.


Okay so that was day one of the trip. I will post more later.

PS if you want to see more pictures of the kiddos go to my moms blog. I especially love the up close picture of Kailey.

No comments: