Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I Will Pray... (part 2)

I WILL PRAY FOR MY PASTORS:
My Pastors include: Pastor Kevin, RC, Jesse, Bobby, All Sunday school teachers, anyone in leadership positions, and Bro Bruce.

1. Pray for their holiness.

1 Thessalonians 3:12-13
And may the Lord make you to increase and abound in love toward one another and toward all, even as we also toward you, in order to establish your hearts blameless in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.

2. Pray for their families.

1 Timothy 3:4
Ruling his own house well, having children in subjection with all honor.

Also Psalms 78:1-8


3. Pray for their protection.

2 Thessalonians 3:1-2
Finally, my brothers, pray for us, that the Word of the Lord may have free course and be glorified, even as it also is with you.  And pray that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men; for all do not have faith.

4. Pray they may preach the Gospel of Jesus among unreached and unengaged people.

Romans 15:20
Yea, so I have been eager to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build on another man's foundation.

5. Pray for their life and ministry to be served in joy.

Psalm 90:17
And let the beauty of Jehovah our God be on us; and establish the work of our hands on us; yea, the work of our hands, establish it.

Hebrews 13:17
Yield to those leading you, an be submissive, for they watch for your souls, as those who must give account, that they may do it with joy and not with grief; for that is unprofitable for you.

* Just a note I have struggled with whether or not I should put the prayer part on these posts because I do not want to be like the Pharisees praying for others to hear.  I have chosen to go ahead and put them on to hold me accountable to praying them over and over.  You have the choice to read them or skip them.  This is my heart to the Lord! *


Lord God~
Lord please clear my heart of any hindrances that keep me from coming to you with a clear and humble heart.  Lord as we are all humans it is easy for us to justify any hard feelings towards one another but you tell us to make things right.  Lord it is also easy to justify any sins, thoughts or actions, in our lives but then we are not in complete obedience to you.  Lord forgive me!  Forgive me for allowing others and sin and Satan any control in my life.  Help me to walk in complete obedience to you!  Lord today I come to you lifting up my Pastors.  Lord as the leaders of the church, whom watch for our souls and must give account I pray they are completely sanctified for and by you!  Lord I pray that they are made holy in your eyes and strive to live a life completely obedient to you.  Lord I pray that their life and ministry are served with an attitude of joy.  Help them to live a life with an eternal perspective not a worldly perspective.  Let them live a life of joy and serve in joy based on the hope and knowledge that you became sin, died on the cross and rose again ~ you overcame this world!  Our joy is founded in you and the hope you give us, not on the circumstances of this world.  Lord I lift up their ministries, that they preach the Gospel in its entirety, not water it down for fear of offending people.  Lord help them to reach the lost and unengaged as well as disciple and help others to grow in their walk with you!  Lord I lift up their families that they might walk along side them growing daily in you.  Lord when they surrendered to the ministry of serving you in the church their families surrendered right along side them.  I pray for the attacks that can come upon them and that they all get the encouragement they need.  Lord I know sometimes its easy to fell judged and depleted because of being in this position but Lord I ask for your strength to flow through us.  Lord I pray for you protection around the Pastors as they walk in you daily.  Lord we know that Satan hates this and therefore attacks with a vengeance.  Lord I lift them up to you, knowing you hear my prayer!
Amen

No comments: