Monday, April 09, 2012

The last few weeks...

We have had a busy few weeks!
Last weekend (3/30-4/1) my family came in from McKinney to celebrate 3 very special kids! On Friday night we celebrated my 2 boys, AC and Andrew! It was so much fun to have family and friends all in our home to celebrate my sweet sweet boys! On Saturday we headed to Dumas to celebrate the 1st birthday of my beautiful niece! I have to say my Sister-in-love Tasha is so incredibly talented and creative! She had the Sweet Shop up and decorated so beautifully! Then on Sunday we went to church (which my Mom and Dad got to worship with us), then family lunch at my grandparents and then church again and then dinner with my parents and brother and sis-in-love and sweet precious niece! Poor boys didn't get to bed until 10 and had school the next morning! Kailey and I did get to go shopping with my Mom and Nanny on Monday and then lunch with my grandparents, parents and Aunt!

This last week we have been focusing on trying to get our garage cleaned out. RC and I have agreed to take at least 1 box each per day. We have a sorting system, they get put in one of four categories... 1) We really want to keep it so it finds a home and gets placed there. 2) We aren't ready to get rid of it but it doesn't have a home in the house so it gets re-boxed and placed in the attic. 3) Its served its purpose now its time to pass on to others. (planning a garage sale at the end of the month). 4) Trash!!! I know that many would say "Y'all have been there 6 months and you still aren't completely unpacked!" Well no we aren't but most of these boxes we are going through have been boxed up since 2008 when we moved back to Texas so they haven't been a priority! Also some might say why not just get them done instead of 1 box per day, well just a reminder we have 4 kids, RC is working 2 jobs, and I am in school full time. We are trying to get this done without feeling incredibly overwhelmed.

This weekend was amazing but busy! The kids have a 4 day weekend. Friday off for Good Friday and Monday off because we didn't take any snow days :)! Friday we we hung out around the house until Friday evening, the kids playing and me trying to get homework done. We had an awesome Good Friday service! I love getting to share an amazing worship service with my children! On Saturday morning, well actually 10-2 (that's what time we finally left), we had a backwards Easter egg hunt. The kids got to hunt for 5 empty eggs (1 of each color). They then got to go to 5 stations and hear bible stories. 1st station was hearing about Palm Sunday. They received a piece of gray felt for their eggs (donkey fur). 2nd station let them hear about The Last Supper. They received some Cheerios for their eggs. 3rd station was about the Cross and crucifixion. I was so excited because I got to teach this one. The kids got to touch a crown of thorns. We talked about the beating Jesus experienced. I love that when we talked about the mockers who said for him to save himself the kids understood that he could have but chose to stay there to save us from our sins! He could have but it wasn't part of Gods plan to allow us the opportunity to spend eternity with our King! Yes as you can see I am still very excited about this!!!! The kids received little crosses for their eggs! 4th station was about the tomb! We even built a tomb for the kids to have a glimpse of understanding. They received a chocolate egg but they had to eat it then because the egg must stay empty because the Tomb is Empty!!! 5th station was when Jesus reappeared. We had a great guy who dressed as Jesus and shared the story with the kids. They also had lunch, games and received a basket with candy and toys. We really enjoyed this because it kept the kids focused on the true reason we celebrate Easter! Then yesterday I woke up with an overwhelming since of joy knowing that my Savior suffered a horrific death and the defeated the grave because he loved us! I asked my children do you understand the joy I feel this morning and AC told me "I don't understand it but I see it!" We had an awesome morning service celebrating that our Savior is Risen!! The kids were in service with us again! Amazing worship! Home for lunch. We chose to have a lunch just our 6 because it was such a busy weekend. I once again had to disappear to work on homework. Then had church again yesterday evening. Another great time of worship! Today is going to be a day of recovery for the kids and I have a test.

Things don't really slow down for us from hear on out. RC is taking back over EMF. Daddy had a great opportunity come about for him! Its so amazing and funny how God works sometimes! We have been praying about a job for RC and God gives a new job to Daddy (one that fell in his lap), which allowed RC to have EMF again. Then in 2 weeks we have our church revival. I have school, school and more school. And the kids well they are 4 hyper and amazing kids that keep us very busy!!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Love the testimony!! :)