Friday, April 20, 2012

I Will Pray...(part 4)

I WILL PRAY FOR THE LOST PEOPLE:

I will pray for those who have yet to trust Christ. Jesus referred to the them as "lost" and said, "For the Son of Man is come to seek and to save the lost." Luke 19:10

Allow Romans 10:8-17 to guide your praying for those friends and family members who are lost.  Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.  What is the process?  Work backwards from the last verse and pray each step God uses to bring people to faith.

Romans 10:8-17
But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart. (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, "Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame." For there is no distinction between the Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him.  For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."  How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed?  And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard?  And how are they to hear without someone preaching?  And how are they to preach unless they are sent?  As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!"  But they have not all obeyed the gospel.  For Isaiah says, "Lord who has believed what he has heard from us?"  So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

1. Pray God will send someone to them to five them the gospel of Jesus Christ.

2. Pray they will hear the gospel with understanding in their inner being.

3. Pray they will believe the gospel.

4. Pray they will call on the name of the Lord Jesus and be saved.

5. Pray they will believe in their heart God raised Jesus from the dead and confess with their mouth Jesus is Lord.




Lord~
I come to you with a humble heart asking for you to grant me a sensitivity to the lost.  Lord help me to move past my prayers of just need, thankfulness and such in my own life to prayers that also and primarily center around others, especially those who do not know you!  Lord I lift up my family and friends who do not know you as their personal Savior.  Lord you say the Harvest is plenty but the laborers are few.  Lord I ask that you raise up more laborers.  Lord I pray that you will help me to be one of these laborers.  God I ask that you will send someone into the lives of my family and friends to share the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Lord use me if it is your will.  Lord I pray that you will open their eyes and ears to have an understanding of the gospel.  Let them hear the gospel, let them understand the gospel and let them believe the gospel.  Lord for some they hear and understand, yet for some reason they choose not to believe.  God I lift these up to you that you might soften their hardened hearts to know you personally.  Soften their hearts so that they may call upon you and be saved.  Soften their hearts so that they may truly believe that God raised you from the dead and they may confess that you, Jesus, is Lord.  Father let those of us who believe life a life for you that is a true testimony to you and your Glory!  Let the lost see you clearly and believe you are Lord!
Amen

No comments: