Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I Will Pray...

Our Pastor challenged us to pray very specifically over the next few weeks as we are preparing and going through our upcoming Revival! I have chosen to break it down to one section a day and lift each one up. There are 5 sections and I will be posting them on here. Please feel free to join me in praying! I will be typing what Kevin gave us and then going into my prayer time as I have found that writing these prayers out help me in my time with the Lord.

I WILL PRAY FOR MY FAMILY:
1. Pray that the love (Love for God; love for one another) in your home will be greater than the attacks upon your home.

Song of Solomon 8:7
Many waters cannot quench love, nor will the rivers overflow it. If a man would give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be scorned.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Charity has patience, is kind; charity is not envious, is not vain, is not puffed up; does not behave indecently, does not seek her own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil. Charity does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth, quietly covers all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

2. Ask God to give you insight that your home may be a place where truth is taught and learned.

2 Timothy 1:5
Taking recollection of the unfeigned faith that is in you, which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois, and in your mother Eunice. And I am persuaded that it is in you also.

My Family: Nanny, PawPaw, Grandma Mary, MeMaw, Dad, Mom, Ron, Ede, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Nyki, Jeremy, Rylee, Jakob, Shawn, Tasha, Bently, Nathan, RC, AC, Trace, Andrew, and Kailey.

Lord God~
I come to you right now lifting up my family. First of all my household. Thank you for entrusting to me such wonderful blessings! Lord I ask that you help me to build a love in this home so strong that it can withstand any attacks upon our home. Lord help us to teach and learn your truths in our home. Let this home be a home that lets your light shine brightly through us. Next I lift up all of my extended family. I pray that you reignite a spark in them that they might experience you in a whole new way. For those who know you put a yearning in their souls that nothing can extinguish it. For those who don't or who have chosen to move away from you let their eyes and ears be opened to your truths. Lord I pray for peace and unity in my family and lift them up to you! Lord even though I get frustrated with my family and the drama I am thankful for each and everyone! Let your love overwhelm us so that we may only live for you!
Amen

No comments: