Friday, April 20, 2012

I Will Pray... (part 3)

I WILL PRAY FOR MY CHURCH:
*I Did my reading yesterday but I allowed the distractions of life keep me from honestly praying.  So I am posting it all this morning having prayed this morning and will be posting the part 4 a little later today!*

1. Pray for the unity of the church.

Read John 17 and pray through the prayer of Jesus for unity.
2. Pray for the mission of the church.

Matthew 9:35
And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.

Matthew 9:37-38
Then He said to His disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few.  Therefore pray to the Lord of the harvest that He will send out laborers into His harvest.


Matthew 28:18-20
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, All authority is given to Me in Heaven and in earth.  Therefore go and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things, whatever I commanded you.  And, behold, I am with you all the days until the end of the world. Amen.


3. Pray for the revival of the church. The basic prayer for revival of spiritual awakening is to pray that God will be known and served as God. It is a prayer for the Glory of God and the manifest presence of God.


Psalms 51:12-13
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. Then I will teach transgressors Your ways; and sinners shall be converted to You.

Psalms 80:7
Turn us again, O God of Hosts, and cause Your face to shine; and we shall be saved.

Habakkuk 3:2
O Jehovah, I have heard Your report; I am afraid. O Jehovah, give new life to Your work in the midst of years; in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy.

Mark 11:17
And He taught, saying to them, Is it not written, "My house shall be called the house of prayer for all nations?" But you have made it a den of thieves.

He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches... Revelation 2:7, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 13, 22

2 Chronicles 7:14
If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Revelation 2:4-5
But I have against you that you left your first love.  Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent, and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and will remove your lampstand out of its place unless you repent.

Acts 4:31-33
And when they had prayed, the place where they assembled was shaken.  And they were filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the Word of God with boldness.  And the multitude of those who believed were of one hear and one soul.  And not one said that any of the things which he possessed was his own.  But they had all things in common.  And the apostles gave witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus with great power. And great grace was on them all.


Lord God~
Forgive me for allowing the distractions from the world to keep me from truly lifting this up to you.  Father God yet again I find myself distracted and my thoughts wandering.  Lord I lift up my church.  God first of all I lift up the entire body of believers, all across the world.  I pray for unity amongst us, that we quit thinking and believing that its about what "church" we attend and start focusing on the fact that WE ARE THE CHURCH!  Lord I pray that we understand that it is the church's responsibility to teach the truths found in your word. And I pray for a revival to spread like a wildfire! Father God let that revival start here!  Let that revival start in me!  Let that revival start in Mescalero Baptist Church.  Le your glorious light shine so brightly in our church that it cannot be hidden!  All that keeps going through my head is the song This Little Light of Mine, I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine let it shine let it shine...Hide it under a bush OH NO! I'm gonna let it shine... Won't let Satan Blow it Out!  I'm gonna let it shine... Father as simple as this song is that is my hearts desire for this church!  My hearts desire is for us as individuals to stand with our light shining so brightly, united together to become a beacon on the hill for Amarillo Texas!  Lord at times I know Satan is trying to come in and cause a sense of tension in our church.  Lord I pray for unity amongst the believers at Mescalero Baptist Church.  Lord I pray that you help ALL to see that what matters is coming together to worship you and sharing the Good News with others.  Lord help us to continue our growth to being outwardly focused not just inwardly focused.  Help us to continue to get out into the community sharing Your LOVE!  Help us to go and teach all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things, whatever I commanded you.  Lord I lift up this revival asking once again to let the spark start in me, let the spark start in each one of us as individuals and then let it unite together so that it may be spread like a wildfire her and Amarillo, then continue to spread out and across the world.  Lord let this revival no be just another spiritual high that lasts for a while then gets snuffed out.  Let this be a life changing, church altering renewal in each of us that DAILY we take up our cross and follow you.  Lord let us never be the same again.  Lord let your joy shine so brightly in us that while others may not understand it, they see it and want to know more about it. Thank you Lord for the mighty works you are doing and will be doing in Mescalero!
Amen

No comments: