Monday, August 20, 2007

My weekend....

Okay so lets see....

A little update about AC. He was suppose to start kindergarten today but the poor guy couldn't go. He woke up Saturday morning complaining about a headache. He lounged around all morning, I mean literally layed on the couch doing nothing. He started to fall asleep on the couch so I sent him to lay down on my bed hoping a little nap would get rid of his headache because the Tylenol hadn't helped. Well his daddy got home about 2:00 and went in to see how his head was feeling (we were going to go school supply shopping). Anyway RC called me in because he felt really warm. We took his temp. and it was 103. I ran to the store bought some more medicine and Gatorade. We had an evening at home with a little guy not feeling good at all. I think he maybe moved twice on his own. Trace and I did get to go out on a little shopping trip just Mommy and Trace, and that was a lot of fun. Got a new maternity outfit for me and some new school clothes for AC. Yes Trace did get a new shirt too. Well I got home and began to move AC to his bed and he threw up down my back. RC offered to sleep on the couch and let AC sleep in bed with me. Well about an hour later I went to bed and had a very interesting conversation with AC.

AC was staring at me and I asked him "What's up baby?" "I gave them the money." "You gave who the money?" "Them" "Who's them?" "I don't know" "Okay honey just go back to sleep." "I'm not in my bed" "No honey you're in Mommy's bed. Do you want to go to your bed?" "Yes!" (and for those of you who really know AC that last yes was basically a "DUH!".

The next morning morning my alarm went off for church and I went in to check on him. He was sitting straight up in his bed and looked at me and asked "What are you doing awake?" I told him I came to check on him. He laid down and was back sound asleep.

Well he was still running a fever so RC stayed home from church with him. I went to get McDonald's for breakfast and also to Walgreens to get some cough medicine because now there was a yucky little cough with it. I get home and pick up the bag of food and it rips. The only food to actually hit the ground was my McGriddle. I go upstairs and end up stubbing my toe. Needless to say it was a rough morning! Oh I forgot to mention the part of while I was gone AC threw up all over my side of the bed. Well Trace, Andrew and I went to church because I was teaching my Sunday school class. No giving me a hard time about not being the one that stayed home with him because I left home actually crying feeling like a bad mom because I should be at home taking care of my baby. I got to church in time to hear the invitation of the first service. But hey at least I was on time for my SS class. Well I get home and AC is feeling a little bit better so we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's house to get him a little change in pace. He still just lounged at their house. It was really sad sight. I have to tell you about another conversation this one between AC and Grandma.

My dad and RC had to run to Home Depot to get something to install the new stove (the old stove was shot because of the lightning strike details on my moms blog). Well Grandma asked AC, "Do you want to try and go school supply shopping or stay home while Mommy and Grandma go?" He looked blankly at grandma for a few minutes and then said in his duh voice "You have to wait until Grandpa and Daddy get home!" My mom jokingly replied "No you're going to watch your brothers while we go." "Uhh NOOO!" was all he said before closing his eyes again.

Well when the guys got home Mom and I did set out shopping. We headed to Target because the only thing that AC has been specific about is what lunchbox he wanted. That is a Transformer lunch box he saw at Target a week ago. Well we head to the first Target, nope no lunch box. So we head to the second Target, nope no lunch box there. The poor kid is sick so we really want to get the only thing he specifically wanted! Third Target, nope. Fourth, nope. Finally at the fifth Target we get lucky and there it is. Let me clarify we did buy some school supplies at each stop that the previous Target did not have. We then had to stop by Walmart because none of the Targets had the Kinder-Mats that he needs for school. Finally we get everything bought! Go home and the poor guys still looks terrible. He was very excited to see his school supplies especially his lunch box!!

Well all last night I didn't sleep well at all. Every cough and move he made I knew because I was just very restless. I checked him at 3:00 am no fever Yeah! Got him up this morning and still no fever yeah! We decided to keep him home because we wanted to make sure that the fever was really gone plus he still had a cough. Well no luck the fever is back and the poor guy is laying on the couch just barely watching cartoons. Due to still fighting the insurance if he is still sick tomorrow we will go to the walk in clinic. So I ask all to pray for the little man and also that none of the rest of us come down with whatever this junk is!

On another note I wanted to all share with all of you the poem that AC's teacher shared with us at the open house Friday. Fare warning it might make you cry...

The First Day
I gave you a little wink and smile
As you entered my room today.
For I know how hard it is to leave
And know your child must stay.
You've been with him for five years now
And have been a loving guide,
But now, alas, the time has come
To leave him at my side.
Just know that as you drive away
And tears down your cheeks my flow
I'll love him as I would my own
And help him learn and grow.
For as a parent, I too know
How quickly the years do pass
And that one day soon it will be my turn
To take my child to class.
So please put your mind at ease
And cry those tears no more
For I will love him and take him in
When you leave him at my door.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations on #4...that is so exciting!!! Your poem had me in tears...Grant starts Kindergarten on Monday, and I'm having a really hard time with it :(

Anonymous said...

hey that is sad for AC let him know that i feel bad for him and all sicknesses go away. I will pray for him and let him know that he had nice aim on your bed jk. Love ya hope all is well